"While a number of surveys and expert reports have shown that a lack of effective leadership is the biggest obstacle to successful change management initiatives, it's not sufficient to simply point the finger of blame at the top ranks of organisations. Senior managers may be suffering their own change challenges, struggling with their personal resilience to change and to cajole their team into embracing it.
Yet change is learnt by example, and filters down through different tiers of the organisation. And in order for it to be successfully sustained, it requires widescale adoption, and the introduction of new tools and techniques, measurements and management behaviours..."
In the rest of this paper we look at the following:
- Where are tomorrow's change leaders?
- What does good change leadership really look like?
- The process - how to build change leadership capability
- Tools and techniques for change leaders
- Benefits and measures of success
Read more of Leaders of the Revolution here.
Leave a comment