Psychologically, resistance to change is all to do with people feeling loss of control and disruption. But what causes people to feel this way?
Over the years we have identified five main triggers of resistance to change:
- People feel their future security could be threatened
- They will be negatively impacted financially
- People's work relationships change
- Changes are made to their levels of responsibility
- The learning curve for the new role is too steep
As a leader of change how do you manage these factors and feelings? In our full length article we take a close look at each of the five triggers in order to help you reduce resistance to your change projects.